Friday 11 June 2010

Waiting!

Im currently waiting for my degree results and its driving me mad! but I have a few things to keep me busy I cant share them at the moment but as soon as there finished Iwill post them up. So in the mean time I thought I would share some older things I havent posted and share with you my other passion which is collecting!

so these are some russian dolls I painted based on the theme of sweets!
I really enjoyed painting these and I have a few blank sets waiting to be painted which I will be putting in my Folksy shop which will be opening soon!




This is a hand embroidered self potrait that I created a while back it took a rather long time especially the hair! I felt rather pleased with this considering it was my first attempt at embroidery.






I also enjoy photography and took these images a couple of weeks ago in an area of Hull called the Fruit Market which is soon to be redeveloped as a thriving arts hub ceck out this link for more info http://hyperfruit.net/ . You can see some more of my images on my flickr account the link is on the right!







so to my collection I enjoy collecting all types of vintage items but I thought I would share with you my latest find which is a piece of mass market art from the 1950s the artist is Bruno Amadio be warned its rather creepy and definatly not to everyones tastes but I love it!



He fits in with the others though!




No comments: